Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Sanctions Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The Compliance Function works closely with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable to the various units of the Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible non-compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Clearstream Compliance works in partnership with Group Compliance which is responsible in defining group-wide compliance policies, supports their uniform application within the group entities, and provides centralised services to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements.
Located in Luxembourg you will assist the Head of Compliance Advisory in the implementation and refinement of the sanctions compliance program across the business areas of the specific legal entity, as one component of a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Clearstream Sub-Group.
- Provide Sanctions-related advisory and subject matter expertise on core risk areas to the 1st Line of Defense and ensure the required regulatory watch on sanctions
- Assist with Sanctions issues, requiring detailed analysis and/or internal/external legal advice/interaction with regulators
- Contribute to the continued effective implementation and refinement of a robust Sanctions compliance framework, in consultation with Deutsche Börse Group Sanctions team.
- Participate in local and Group projects and working groups
- Assist the Head of Compliance Advisory with maintenance of all relevant management information and provide regular compliance reports, including assistance with internal/external audits
- Enable the exchange of lessons learnt and best practice for proactive compliance management, between all functions within Clearstream and deliver targeted Sanctions training to employees
- Handle the operational aspects of the sanctions monitoring (validation of transactions, information to depositories and authorities….)
- Develop and perform dedicated sanctions trainings
- Contribute to the day-to-day operational activities of the Clearstream Compliance Team (e.g. alerts management)
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- University degree in economics, finance or law or a relevant comparable qualification
- Strong knowledge of Financial Crime and Sanctions laws and regulations (e.g. EU, UN, OFAC), and best-practice
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position in the securities custody business
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills, with excellent attention to details
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex sanctions matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- High level commitment and motivation
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.