Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Senior System Engineer (Linux) with Focus on Security (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
For our Product Organization "Group Data" we are looking for a Senior System Engineer for our globally leading market data systems, index calculation systems and regulatory reporting systems. Product “Group Data” provides technology enabled services helping clients to digitize their businesses and navigate financial markets with increased agility and insight. By extracting and deploying the right information at the right time, data is transformed into value.
Your responsibility within the Group Data product team will be the operation and development of our Linux based server landscape – physical, virtual on premise and in the cloud with focus on security. Making sure that the environments are compliant with the security baselines and will help to define those baselines as well.
As curious and self-learner, you will automate all processes within this field of responsibility using state-of-the-art instrumentation - thereby ensuring a stable production. You are encouraged to propose new methods for operations and deployments – and even management – demonstrating new technological advancements and what they could offer to our product.
In our Group Data product team, we strive to keep up a start-up mentality with technology-driven people that are part of the decision process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
- Daily operation of the infrastructure including troubleshooting of server issues.
- Implementation of security controls based on related regulations
- Remediation of vulnerabilities
- Act as a primary contact for the team with all Security Teams
- Make sure the systems are compliant towards the security baselines
- Design new solutions in a team with the application developers
- Drive Automatic deployment of the server configuration and other IaC (Infrastructure as Code) components
- Continuous improvement and automation of processes for both operation and deployment activities.
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on server (through clustering or stand-by hosts).
- System lifecycle management capacity and performance management.
- Operation includes early/late shifts and on-call duty distributed amongst the team (an average of 1 shift or on-call duty per month might be expected).
- At least 5 year of experience in Linux System Administration
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Some experience with scripts/automation (preferably Ansible)
- Experience with GitHub or other code repositories
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, Docker, Veritas Cluster Server, Azure
- Understanding of security as a necessity in the infrastructure environments
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.