Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Systems Engineer - Energy IT (f/m/d))
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Deutsche Börse Group is a financial services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data for stocks and derivatives. Our global success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT solutions that form the core of Deutsche Börse and allow companies and investors accessing global capital markets. More than a thousand of employees implement IT strategies through technological applications grouped in several key Sections, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer to contribute development and operations of critical infrastructure for 24/7 services in agile working environment.
- Daily operation of mission critical server infrastructure
- Implementing security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture
- Proposing new methods for operations whilst demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits
- Collaborating with technical teams on delivery chain(e.g., development, application operations, networks, datacenter, san, global security)
- Automating infrastructure delivery using industry standard tools
- Creation of procedural documentation (Operational handbook)
- Active participation in agile team ceremonies
- Participation in On-Call rotation
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in system engineering in critical environments with RedHat and VMware portfolio (e.g., RHEL, Satellite, LVM, RHDS, Ansible, vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, DRS, vMotion, FT, HA).
- 5+ years of experience with automation scripting (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, RestAPI, Jenkins).
- 3+ years of experience with HP iLO.
- Good understanding of web related and routing protocols
- Cohesive and clear active communication skills
- Profound experience with Everything as Code approach (e.g., Ansible, vCenter RestAPI, Hashi Vault, OpenShift, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform)
- Profound understanding on RHEL systems administration in highly critical regulated mission critical environments
- Profound understanding on VMware (e.g., vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, vSAN, RDM, NSX, DRS, Snapshot, vMotion, FT, HA)
- Good understanding of containerization concept with Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Hands-on experience with monitoring/logging/alerting tools (e.g., ELK, TICK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, OpsGenie, CheckMK)
- Hands-on experience with SAN/NAS solutions
- Hands-on experience in GlusterFS
- Work experience with Agile frameworks (KanBan/Scrum)
Interested in working in an international team and performing challenging as well as diversified tasks with cutting edge technologies? If so, we look forward to receive your application. Come and build with us.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.