Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Senior Tax Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The Regulation & Compliance team must ensure full compliance of Eurex Clearing with all national and international regulations. The section Regulation & Compliance, led by the Chief Compliance Officer of Eurex Clearing, comprises the unit CCP Compliance and the unit CCP Regulation.
The Regulation & Compliance team aims to ensure the compliance of Eurex Clearing as the Central Counterparty (“CCP”) regarding national and international laws and regulations. The aim is to protect Eurex Clearing from any harm, which could result from failures to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Therefore, we monitor and on regular basis assess the impact on Eurex Clearing and the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures put in place to avoid potential risks of non-compliance. The aim is to use efficient management of compliance risks to protect our company from financial damage and to protect our reputation.
Joining a dynamic, international & multicultural team of dedicated and experienced people, you will be responsible for strengthening Regulation & Compliance on tax related matters, working closely together with Group Tax acting as 2nd line of defense. You will provide tax advisory as well as oversight to, and exercise controls on our 1st line of defense tax framework, regimes and practices to assist internal stakeholders on all tax matters related to Income and/or Corporate Actions payments. In this regard you will cover all applicable tax regimes and any identified and related legal issues/impacts relevant to administration, policies, procedures, rules, regulations pertaining to Eurex Clearing.
Applying international market practices and working in collaboration with the 1st line of defense for tax, various tax authorities and operational teams, your role is to monitor/oversee all tasks performed regarding any tax purposes. Especially, to review the adequacy of the existing and new processes implemented to avoid and/or to mitigate risks – in particular as part of the New Product Process/Material Change Process.
You contribute to the identification of Tax compliance issues, prepare written communications, and provide general guidance to all relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely on a day-to-day basis with the Group Tax team and execute work assignments in due time, in particular to:
- Monitor/exercise oversight with a focus on potential tax compliance risks and issues/impacts in the offered product and clearing models and to rapidly achieve an efficient identification of any potential tax issues/impacts and their related resolution
- Ensure that operational tax processes meet market standard practices
- Establish and coordinate structured processes for the creation of tax law inventories of most material domestic and foreign tax laws and coordinate periodic reviews and relevant risk assessments by the 1st line of defense
- Conduct relevant tax supervision/adequate controls to support the compliance of Eurex Clearing with its operational tax requirements
- Conduct control activities and provide tax advisory on Eurex Clearing´s Qualified Intermediary (QI) / Qualified Derivatives Dealer (QDD) activities
- Interact with the
- Group Tax and 1st line of defense in relation to any operational tax related matters
- Senior management regarding the reporting of conducted controls and annual control plan
- Business regarding the annual review of the legal inventory
- Risk Controlling function in connection with risk assessments and operational risk scenarios
- Material Change Process Working Group regarding risk assessments for tax, related to new products or processes (especially from an operational tax perspective)
- University degree in Finance/Law/Economics/Business/Tax or similar discipline
- Tax background with minimum 5 - 7 years of qualified professional experience out of which at least 5 years should be in the field of international withholding tax/tax market practices on any type of financial instruments
- Experience in banking, custody or clearing activities in an international environment
- Demonstrate proactivity, willingness to learn and to adapt to Eurex Clearing and Deutsche Börse Group environment with strong analytical mindset
- Confident in ability to deliver the expected level of expertise to the Tax Intelligence team within Eurex Clearing environment
- Risk culture, pro-active and able to work under pressure with good organization and prioritization skills
- Open-minded in work approach and display a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong team player in a multicultural environment, able to take initiative, highly motivated and flexible
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Fluent in English and German (Verbal and Written)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.