Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Corporate IT is the Enterprise IT of Deutsche Boerse Group, developing and operating IT services for all corporate functions. This includes all services for corporate processes e.g. sourcing and procurement, human resources, contract management and control processes like audit, risk management, compliance.
Passionate in running our existing IT landscape, we explore every day what makes DBG as a company, and thus our colleagues, run better. We simplify and automate processes by using modern technologies and devices, while making collaboration fun.
We are driven by User Experience, Performance, and high degree of Compliance. Our mission is to make IT Run!
For our freshly seeded and already growing SRE team, we are looking for an experienced person with diverse range of skills who brings fresh ideas, indicates informed viewpoint, and enjoys developing solutions with positive attitude. In this role you will have the opportunity to touch various stages of development from architectural design to deployment in production.
You will be part of a growing and diverse project team, which supports and appreciates the added value brought to all of us.
- Work in a team of SRE engineers distributed over multiple locations
- Share and exchange your knowledge and expertise within Deutsche Boerse Group
- Manage multiple cloud applications to maximize uptime and meet SLA, SLI and SLO
- Design and implement automated infrastructure and application deployments
- Architect and evolve applications by working closely with development team
- Document “tribal” and “operations” knowledge
- Reduce TOIL and OLA
- Monitor applications from an availability, security, and performance aspect
- Supporting your colleagues by taking part in on-call rotation
- Manage CICD pipelines and various applications to constantly deliver updates
- Support the different product teams, guiding them in their cloud onboarding efforts
- University degree in Information Technology or comparable professional experience, preferably two years or more
- Experience in cloud platforms and cloud native services, with exposure to Azure, GCP and AWS
- Good knowledge of various CI/CD-Tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform, Github)
- Knowledge in agile working practices, Infrastructure-as-Code and scripting languages
- Extremely curious about modern technology, cloud and operations
- Understanding ITIL procedures (incident – problem – change request - post-incident reviews)
- Independent work method, high commitment to quality, and high self-responsibility & ownership
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Experience in Azure DataBricks, Data Lake, Compute, Cosmos DB, Sql Database and Key Vault
- Golang and React knowledge
- Background in system design and scalable cloud systems
- Knowledge of the financial industry, e.g. related to business of Deutsche Boerse and Clearstream
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.