Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Software Architect (f/m/d) - Clearing IT
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of Activity
In your new position as Software Architect in the securities clearing system, you will be responsible in analyzing and providing the robust design solutions to the Microservices like Architecture and in the data modelling as well. You will be working in the Development team by acting as catalyst between the Build team and Architects office in bringing best suitable solutions. As Securities clearing system is a mission critical, we need to handle the high payload situations in this Microservices communication and Orchestration of the services with failover recovery and without loosing any transactions in the chain.
The position is located in the Clearing IT department where we develop and maintain the clearing systems for Europe’s leading central counterparty clearing house and a world leader in risk management and post-trade services. Our software engineers engage in a complex technical and functional environment. If you strive to take ownership and develop creative solutions, are fascinated by technology, and like to work in a challenging and fast paced environment – then you are exactly the person we are looking for.
- Support and provide the solutions to the system architecture
- Working in several phases of Software development, i.e. Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Responsible for identifying the design gaps and failover gaps, provide and implement the solutions during the creation and enhancements of system application components.
- Define and document the system architecture updates in relation to non-functional (architectural) requirements
- Provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues.
- Design and Develop the solutions for the Central Counterpart system of the DBG
Qualifications/ required skills
- BSC/MSC in Math, Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong Knowledge and experience in messaging And Queuing Protocols
- Must have experience in DevOps practices like Automation, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration & Delivery, and Monitoring
- Strong Experience in DevOps Tools (AngularJS, REST, ActionScript, Node.js, RDS, Lambda functions, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, and queuing technologies, etc.)
- Very well Experience on development with Java, Python, Spring Boot, service oriented Microservices Architecture
- Expertise working on Cloud Platforms (e.g.: Azure, AWS) using infrastructure as services
- Expert level J2EE/Java with Microservices background preferably in Spring boot, Spring cloud. And, solid experience in APIs gateway, etc.
- Expertise architecting and developing highly reliable, fault-tolerant distributed applications with focus on performance and scale
- Good understanding of software engineering frameworks, tools, and processes
- Self-starter with ability to execute on business objectives
- Ability to bring best practices and standards to the project
- Sharp technical acumen to solve issues and evolve the Microservices architecture
- Knowledge of understanding of Clearing systems, e.g. CCP
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German language skills would be an additional asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.