Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Software Developer - Risk IT Core Services (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the leading global market infrastructure providers. Our group provides trading, clearing, settlement, market data distribution and other services for a broad range of asset classes (securities, derivatives, FX…).
In Risk (a semi-independent Product of Deutsche Börse) we focus on making Eurex Clearing the industry leader in Risk Services / CCP Risk Management and to support the growth into new products and markets. We are at the heart of the Deutsche Börse Group’s market infrastructure offering and of utter importance for the stability of the global financial market.
We foster a culture of high standards, freedom, and responsibility. We encourage ownership and trust and have a strong belief in developing talent.
As a Software Developer in - Risk IT Core Services (f/m/d), you will work on Eurex’ new risk and market data platform that is developed in the Data Management stream of the multi-year project R7. Besides the development and configuration of data management functionalities (e.g., data cleansing), the team is also working on establishing new interfaces to the risk calculation platform R7 which will be built in parallel.
First and foremost, we are looking for somebody who gets excited about technology and still wants – needs – to learn. Technology dogmatists don’t need to apply.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and improve software for the new risk and market data platform
- Proactively cooperate with team members, business analysts and other stakeholders
- Stay up to date on technology
- 2nd level support and potentially on-call support
- A minimum of two years commercial experience developing software in Java/C/C++ and extensive use of Unix scripting languages
- Hands-on experience with classic databases (e.g., Postgresql)
- Hands-on experience with distributed, in-memory databases (e.g., Redis)
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture
- An understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Willingness to learn proprietary programming languages of third-party software.
- At least a basic understanding of the DevOps / SRE approach to designing and operating production systems.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
- Motivation to work in a cross functional team within an agile working style
The following skills would be a plus:
- Hands-on experience building cloud native solutions on Google Cloud or OpenShift.
- Demonstrable experience of programming with Java/C/C++ in a real-world application of substantial size, whether commercial or hobby.
- Basic knowledge of financial markets (bonds, equities, interest rate swaps, futures, options)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.