Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Software Engineer - Blockchain (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
“Issuance” is the team of Clearstream that offers innovative services to its customers for the issuance of financial securities such as shares, warrants and funds. In other words – without the Issuance services, there would be nothing to trade on the German financial market! The Issuance IT Team develops the next-generation software that enables your business colleagues and customers to boost volume and processing efficiency, i.e. increase revenue and decrease operation costs.
As a Software Engineer you will become a member of our growing team of IT experts and will contribute to the creation of the issuance platform for electronic securities and its integration into the existing landscape of Clearstream. You will get a chance to use your expertise, to cooperate with and learn from experienced colleagues as well as follow different routes to discover features and possibilities of the block-chain technologies.
- Communicate with functional and business analysts to understand and shape the requirements
- Design efficient IT systems to meet business and technology needs
- Document, build and deploy the application into different stages of test and provide support to testers
- Provide second and third level of support to the business users in production
- Keep abreast of technology trends and developments
- Stay open-minded and understand the broad context impacting the application development and maintenance lifecycle
- Hands-on professional experience with Solidity or comparable smart contract language
- Experience with an object-oriented language (Java, C++, C#)
- Highly analytical mind-set – You are able to actively listen and quickly understand arguments and goals of different people
- Excellent communication skills – You explain the IT topics in a manner understandable to people without an IT background. You do not hesitate to ask questions, express your doubts or kindly challenge ideas during discussions. You have no problem to admit and accept mistakes.
- High degree of self-dependence – You are self-motivated, looking for opportunities to improve things or your own skills constantly. You take responsibility and are motivated to deliver.
- Team player – You are able to work with people of different backgrounds and personalities, You are happy to help and share your expertise. You appreciate the skills of others and ask for opinion or review easily.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (German, French, Luxembourgish, or Czech is a plus)
- Previous experience in the financial sector
- Experience with large scale international projects
- Organisational and people management skills
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts and tools
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Support of IT systems in a productive use
- Holder of a University degree preferably in IT, Maths, Physics, but any other degree will be considered
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.