Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Luxembourg, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services Luxembourg, Post Trade IT, Settlement IT
Your area of work:
The Settlement department is responsible of real-time banking applications in the post-trade processing area of Clearstream/DBAG. The application landscape consists of several critical C++ and Java applications which are interacting with large databases and which are communicating with numerous financial institutions worldwide.
We are looking for a backend software developer to work in our team located in Prague, Czech Republic or in Luxembourg. The project focuses on development of new business services and maintenance of clearing and settlement systems.
Broad range of development activities including (not limited to):
- Implementation of solutions including security, performance, scalability, regression and maintainability aspects.
- Supporting all activities related to end to end testing including support for business testers and execution team.
- Analysing production system issues and providing support to internal customers.
- Achieve compliance with internal and external standards applicable to the design, development and documentation of solutions
- Identify area of improvements and propose enhancements to existing processes
- University degree (master or diploma) in IT
- Very good skills and 1-3 years practical experience of DevOps oriented programming in an object-oriented language, relational databases, SQL, Linux scripts, GitHub, messaging (JMS, AMQ) and XML processing.
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud computing technologies will be of advantage
- Strong results orientation mindset and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand, structure and explain complex topics
- Thorough teamwork focus and strong communication skills
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines and deliver in a fast-moving oriented environment
- Ability to work across several development streams
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Location: Prague or Luxembourg
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.