Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
SRE Engineer- Energy IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Deutsche Börse Group is a financial services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data for stocks and derivatives. Our global success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT solutions that form the core of Deutsche Börse and allow companies and investors accessing global capital markets. More than a thousand of employees implement IT strategies through technological applications grouped in several key Sections, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated SRE Engineer to contribute development and operations of critical infrastructure for 24/7 services. Your responsibility within the Energy IT section will include:
- Design and develop an architecture of distributed applications and infrastructure based on K8S/OCP.
- Automate the creation of infrastructure and application delivery using industry standard tools such as Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform.
- Ensuring stable and consistent application environments. Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues within the PaaS infrastructure and OpenShift Platform.
- Understanding security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture.
- Design and implement automated deployment and configuration to support OpenShift Platform.
- Participation in On-Call rotation.
- Document software changes and problem resolution steps.
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Expertise in deployment and management of Java-based applications in Linux environment, virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on familiarity with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- In-depth understanding of all facets of software development lifecycle and associated tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins , Helm, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with automation scripting, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Understanding of application protocols (e.g. DNS, SSH, HTTPS) and their behaviors across networks.
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, GitHub).
- Knowledge of the container engines Podman and Buildah.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus or equivalent.
- Expertise in RPM-based Linux (CentOS / RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8) including installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.