Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
SRE Engineer- Energy IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Group is a financial services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data for stocks and derivatives. Our global success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT solutions that form the core of Deutsche Börse and allow companies and investors accessing global capital markets. More than a thousand of employees implement IT strategies through technological applications grouped in several key Sections, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated SRE Engineer to contribute development and operations of critical application infrastructure for 24/7 services.
- Design architecture of distributed applications and infrastructure based on Kubernetes (OpenShift 4.x)
- Automate the creation of infrastructure and application delivery using industry standard tools such as Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues within the PaaS infrastructure and OpenShift Platform
- Conducting post-incident reviews
- Participation in On-Call rotation (once in 4 weeks)
- University degree in Information Technology or experience in IT Ops team / partly DevOps.
- Familiarity with containerization using Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and associated tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins , Helm, etc.)
- Experience with automation scripting, and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, GitHub)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the container engines Podman and Buildah
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus or equivalent
- Expertise in RPM-based Linux (CentOS / RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8) including installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.