Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
SRE Engineer- Energy IT
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Deutsche Börse Group is a financial services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data for stocks and derivatives. Our global success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT solutions that form the core of Deutsche Börse and allow companies and investors accessing global capital markets. More than a thousand of employees implement IT strategies through technological applications grouped in several key Sections, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated SRE Engineer to contribute development and operations of critical application infrastructure for 24/7 services.
Your responsibility within the Energy IT section will include
- Design and develop an architecture of distributed applications and infrastructure based on Kubernetes (OpenShift 4.x)
- Automate the creation of infrastructure and application delivery using industry standard tools such as Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform.
- Ensuring stable and consistent application environments. Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues within the PaaS infrastructure and OpenShift Platform
- Understanding security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture
- Design and implement automated deployment and configuration to support OpenShift Platform.
- Participation in On-Call rotation
- Document software changes and problem resolution steps.
Minimum Qualifications/required skills
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Expertise in deployment and management of Java-based applications in Linux environment, virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on familiarity with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes or OpenShift
- In-depth understanding of all facets of software development lifecycle and associated tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins , Helm, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with automation scripting, and infrastructure-as-code
- Understanding of application protocols (e.g. DNS, SSH, HTTPS) and their behaviors across networks
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, GitHub).
- Knowledge of the container engines Podman and Buildah
- Hands-on experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus or equivalent
- Expertise in RPM-based Linux (CentOS / RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8) including installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.