Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Strategic Project Buyer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity:
The aim of the Corporate Purchasing function is to efficiently organise the sourcing process within the Deutsche Börse Group, and to ensure the supply of materials and services. In addition to identify potential innovation within the relationship between internal customers and the market partners and to take advantage of procurement synergies.
In this new, vital role “Strategic Project Buyer” you will support the Category Groups of Project Procurement as well as Quality Assurance in the development of sourcing strategies regarding Purchasing projects ("supplier selection phase") and orders ("contract phase"). You will control the operative purchasing processes and report the results, among others to the respective project management. You will interface with internal colleagues and your colleagues in the subsidiaries of the Deutsche Börse Group and support the development and optimisation of tools, processes, standards and working methods according to the requirements of the projects and orders.
Your analytical thinking and your communicative skills should assist you in entering into supplier discussions and internal stakeholder discussions with confidence. You should enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams and like to be in a responsible role being self-motivated, and results driven. Your affinity for IT and your commercial knowledge should assist you as a project buyer.
- Price and contract negotiations with suppliers, supplier selection in accordance with the global purchasing and commodity strategy
- Acting as a procurement representative for new/existing Procurement Projects
- Continuous optimisation and further development of the international supplier portfolio and second source activities to secure Deutsche Börse Group's market position
- Creation of high-quality long-term purchasing strategies
- Maintaining compliance with standard policies and procedures in scope
- Translating analytical results into meaningful detailed, and robust actionable recommendations to the business
- You are displaying a deep knowledge and experience in leading significant programs, workstreams, or functions in Supplier Governance, Vendor Management and Third-Party Risk Management
- You will be executing tasks aligned to Third Party Risk Management and/or Supplier Governance with autonomy
- You are bringing the experience in working with key stakeholders from procurement, data protection, internal audit, information security, legal, and compliance teams
- You are demonstrating exemplary relationship and stakeholder management skills
- You are able to develope strategic programs for execution across large and complex organisations while supervising teams to execute against the overall strategy
- You are using effective verbal and written communications, comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders up to the executive level
- You are able to provide timely escalations if required
- You are able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets and having a proven ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- You should be fluent in the English and German language
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.