Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Strategic Project Buyer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity:
The aim of the Corporate Purchasing function is to efficiently organise the sourcing process within the Deutsche Börse Group, and to ensure the supply of materials and services. In addition to identify potential innovation within the relationship between internal customers and the market partners and to take advantage of procurement synergies.
In this new, vital role “Strategic Project Buyer” you will support the Category Groups of Project Procurement as well as Quality Assurance in the development of sourcing strategies regarding Purchasing projects ("supplier selection phase") and orders ("contract phase"). You will control the operative purchasing processes and report the results, among others to the respective project management. You will interface with internal colleagues and your colleagues in the subsidiaries of the Deutsche Börse Group and support the development and optimisation of tools, processes, standards and working methods according to the requirements of the projects and orders.
Your analytical thinking and your communicative skills should assist you in entering into supplier discussions and internal stakeholder discussions with confidence. You should enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams and like to be in a responsible role being self-motivated, and results driven. Your affinity for IT and your commercial knowledge should assist you as a project buyer.
- Price and contract negotiations with suppliers, supplier selection in accordance with the global purchasing and commodity strategy
- Acting as a procurement representative for new/existing Procurement Projects
- Continuous optimisation and further development of the international supplier portfolio and second source activities to secure Deutsche Börse Group's market position
- Creation of high-quality long-term purchasing strategies
- Maintaining compliance with standard policies and procedures in scope
- Translating analytical results into meaningful detailed, and robust actionable recommendations to the business
- You are displaying a deep knowledge and experience in leading significant programs, workstreams, or functions in Supplier Governance, Vendor Management and Third-Party Risk Management
- You will be executing tasks aligned to Third Party Risk Management and/or Supplier Governance with autonomy
- You are bringing the experience in working with key stakeholders from procurement, data protection, internal audit, information security, legal, and compliance teams
- You are demonstrating exemplary relationship and stakeholder management skills
- You are able to develope strategic programs for execution across large and complex organisations while supervising teams to execute against the overall strategy
- You are using effective verbal and written communications, comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders up to the executive level
- You are able to provide timely escalations if required
- You are able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets and having a proven ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- You should be fluent in the English and German language
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.