Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Student - Governance, Risk & Compliance (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Qontigo is seeking an Analyst to join the Quant Index Solutions team in our London office. The successful candidate will provide ongoing operational support for best in class index products to global sell-side, buy-side, hedge funds, and asset owner investors. The candidate will use quantitative and qualitative skills to manage the ongoing maintenance of index products, which include operational processes, data analysis, and quality assurance. In the process, the candidate will gain exposure to index construction/rebalance methodologies, as well as systems that support quantitative tools, such as Axioma’s Optimizer and Risk Models.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance for various index products with time-sensitive deadlines
- Perform quality assurance on data pertaining index products; involves research of individual securities and corporate actions as related to index construction/rebalancing
- Suggest and develop data algorithms and tools to support index production/operations
- Manipulate large amounts of financial data and use various tools to analyze, visualize, and present results
- Proactively look for opportunities to streamline processes wherever appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate across all teams involved with index production process
- Produce risk and performance reports of various index products using internal tools
- Academic background in a quantitative field such as mathematics, engineering, computer science or quantitative finance with excellent understanding of data and statistics
- 0-3 years of experience in a quantitative field; financial field is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with financial market data preferred but not necessary; specific expertise within an asset class (i.e. equity or fixed income) is a plus
- Strong programming skills a plus; familiarity with Python or other object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, C++), and/or SQL databases desirable
- Strong data analysis skills a plus; proficiency in Excel, R, or other data analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and with a geographically-dispersed team
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.