Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
System Engineer - Energy IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer to contribute development and operations of critical infrastructure for 24/7 services in agile working environment.
- Daily operation of mission critical server infrastructure
- Implementing security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture
- Proposing new methods for operations whilst demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits
- Collaborating with technical teams on delivery chain(e.g., development, application operations, networks, datacenter, san, global security)
- Automating infrastructure delivery using industry standard tools
- Creation of procedural documentation (Operational handbook)
- Active participation in agile team ceremonies
- Participation in On-Call rotation
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in system engineering in critical environments with RedHat and VMware portfolio (e.g., RHEL, Satellite, LVM, RHDS, Ansible, vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, DRS, vMotion, FT, HA).
- 5+ years of experience with automation scripting (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, RestAPI, Jenkins).
- 3+ years of experience with HP iLO.
- Good understanding of web related and routing protocols
- Cohesive and clear active communication skills
Nice to have:
- Profound experience with Everything as Code approach (e.g., Ansible, vCenter RestAPI, Hashi Vault, OpenShift, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform)
- Profound understanding on RHEL systems administration in highly critical regulated mission critical environments
- Profound understanding on VMware (e.g., vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, vSAN, RDM, NSX, DRS, Snapshot, vMotion, FT, HA)
- Good understanding of containerization concept with Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Hands-on experience with monitoring/logging/alerting tools (e.g., ELK, TICK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, OpsGenie, CheckMK)
- Hands-on experience with SAN/NAS solutions
- Hands-on experience in GlusterFS
- Work experience with Agile frameworks (KanBan/Scrum)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.