Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Systems Engineer (RHEL, VMware)- Energy IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer to contribute development and operations of critical infrastructure for 24/7 services.
- Daily operation of RHEL Linux infrastructure which is heavily virtualized on VMware 6.x.
- Ensuring stable and consistent production environments.
- Implement infrastructure automation with scripts and RestAPI
- Understanding security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture
- Propose new methods for operations demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits to our Energy IT.
- Write automation tools and scripts to integrate with other projects
- Participation in On-Call rotation
- Collaborate with central Network, Storage and Datacenter team in order to ensure coherent operations on Energy IT infrastructure
Minimum Qualifications/required skills
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in System Engineering in critical environments.
- 3+ years of experience in administration of VMware clusters
- 3+ Strong implementation and administration skills for RedHat(-like) environments with hands-on experience on virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong understanding on virtualization including redundancy, availability and resiliency aspects.
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 8/7 (RH Satellite, installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Understanding of application protocols (e.g. DNS, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP, SMTP) and their behaviors across networks
- 3+ years of experience with automation scripting
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.