Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Tax Compliance Expert (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Joining a dynamic, international & multicultural team of dedicated and experienced people, you will be responsible for strengthening Tax Compliance acting as a 2nd line of defense, providing tax oversight to, and exercise control on all our tax services, regimes and practices on all tax matters related to Income and/or Corporate Actions payments. Leveraging the Group Tax team expertise and support, you thus cover applicable tax regimes and any identified related tax and legal issues/impacts pertaining to CBL acting as withholding and fiscal agent as well as an intermediary in the processes of Financial Transaction Tax in relevant markets. Applying national and international tax laws and market practices and working in collaboration with withholding Tax Agents, various tax authorities and the operational teams, your role is to monitor/oversee the tasks performed by Tax Service Luxembourg, especially to review the adequacy of the existing and new processes implemented to avoid and/or to mitigate risks, also as part of the New Product Process.
Advise the Executive Management as well as relevant business functions like Tax Service Luxembourg and perform the following 2nd line of defense tasks:
- contribute to the development of an adequate governance, risk and control framework for the management of tax risks around Clearstream’s tax-related products and services (i.e. excl. corporate tax matters pertaining to Clearstream itself)
- monitor/ exercise oversight of business activities with a focus on potential tax compliance risks & issues emerging from Clearstream’s tax-related offering and achieve a rapid and efficient identification
- ensure and control through structured processes that the operational tax processes meet applicable tax laws and standards as well as common market practices
- establish and coordinate structured processes for the creation of tax law inventories of most material domestic and foreign tax laws and coordinate periodic reviews and relevant risk assessment by the 1st line of defense
- advise and review risk assessments performed prior to market entry as well as for existing markets in which Clearstream operates, e.g. when participating in the Clearstream Risk Committees, or for purposes of mandatory disclosures of detected potentially aggressive tax arrangements (DAC6)
- contribute to the liaison with external tax advisors (tax advisors/Big Four firms in local markets Clearstream operates)
- University degree in Finance/Law/Economics/Business/Tax or similar discipline
- Tax and/or Compliance background with minimum 7 - 10 years of qualified professional experience, ideally incl. in the field of international withholding tax/tax market practices on any type of financial instruments
- Experience in banking/custody activities in an international environment
- Demonstrate proactivity, willingness to learn and to adapt to Clearstream environment with strong analytical mindset
- Being part of relevant tax dedicated committees (ABBL, OECD, etc.) is a strong asset
- Foster an appropriate risk culture, being pro-active and able to work under pressure with good organization and prioritization skills
- Open minded in work approach and display a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong team player in a multicultural environment, able to take initiative, highly motivated and flexible
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Fluent in English is mandatory; German and French are a strong asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.