Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Tax Intelligence Analyst (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
With more than €16 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest post-trade service providers for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified and informed about the rights and obligations attached to their securities.
Your area of work
For a small but growing team, we are hiring a person to support us in the field of Tax Intelligence with responsibilities for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Attached to the Global Asset Services area within Clearstream, Tax Support Frankfurt caters for guidelines and expertise of appropriate handling of tax processes. The new Tax Intelligence position is supposed to maintain a clear and direct connection to the related markets, their legislations, to tax authorities and industry committees.
Joining a team of young but also experienced people, you will be responsible for strengthening Tax Intelligence in providing legal assistance and tax guidance for all our relevant tax services, regimes and practises to assist internal stakeholders such as Tax Operations, Tax Product Management or Deutsche Börse Group Tax.
You will act as a strategic consultant related to business, legal tax matters relevant to administration, policies, procedures, rules, regulations, etc.
Your role is also to contribute to researching tax issues, prepare written communication, propose process change and provide legal guidance to the Head of Asset Services Frankfurt.
The position is based in Eschborn, Germany but limited work-from-home is possible.
- Become familiar with Clearstream’s tax practise services, processes, roles and responsibilities
- Be a key member of the Tax Support team, working closely together with Operations and the tax helpdesks across different locations
- Be in contact with tax authorities, local custodians and tax advisors to ensure that our clients receive reliable support on offered services and the most updated tax market information
- Conduct legal tax research to support compliance of Clearstream with its operational tax requirements with a focus on German tax laws
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the Clearstream organization such as Tax Intelligence Luxembourg, Tax Product Management, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit to ensure tax processes meet the required internal and market standards
- Anticipate and identify legal tax issues and counsel the Head of Asset Services Frankfurt in order to develop legal strategies/solutions to achieve effective risk mitigation
- Build internal and external relationships with suppliers, customers and first of all tax authorities in order to streamline transparency and cooperation.
- Comply with the effective KYC, controls and internal procedures
- Recommend action alternatives and report issues, legal matters affecting the Tax Operations to upper management
- University degree in Finance/Law/Economics/Business/Tax or similar
- Profound experience gained in tax/banking/custody activities in an international environment
- Fluency in German and English language. French is an asset
- Organized and confident in ability to deliver the expected level of expertise to the Clearstream organization
- Demonstrate learning ability and a strong analytical mindset with the right amount of diligence necessary
- Open minded in personal work approach and display a positive and enthusiastic attitude and team spirit
- Customer-focused, risk-sensitive, pro-active with the ability to work under pressure with good organization and prioritization skills
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong team player, taking initiative, highly motivated and flexible
Location: Eschborn, Germany.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.