Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Tax Product Manager (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Objective of the individual performing the tax product role is the maintenance of the tax product suite and the further development of the tax product & service suite, focusing on, but not limited to, the German Withholding Tax product . The individual supports the head of unit in the maintenance and further development of the tax product and product strategy around internal and external developments and to support the strategic positioning of the product in the competitive environment. Additionally, the individual will prepare and present the appropriate documentation for internal stakeholders (relationship management, IT, Ops and other) as well as clients and other third parties (regulators, partners etc). In this role, the individual reports to the head of unit responsible for the Tax Product within Clearstream.
- Maintain the tax product & service portfolio for the markets covered
- Build out the product & service capabilities appropriately
- Manage tax product content and engage directly in senior stakeholder discussions and client pitches
- Support the unit head in the oversight of the financial figures and P&L management of the tax product line
- Support the unit head in the management of revenue development, sales pipeline, P&L, direct and indirect allocated costs and EBIT development
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders, providers, tax authorities to ensure compliance with local tax laws and derive actions from a tax product perspective
- Participate in client meetings/ pitches with RM and actively move opportunities forward from a tax product perspective, through coordination with the unit head, operations and IT engagement
- Keep abreast of general market updates, developments and competitor’s activities to best develop and support the management of the tax product strategy
- Run internal and external stakeholder meetings/committees and events and represent the tax product line at industry fora
- Support projects within Clearstream (i.e. Product, Network, Strategy, Pricing, Credit, Compliance, Global Securities Financing, Investment Funds) and the wider Deutsche Boerse Group, where appropriate from a tax product perspective
- An experienced individual, with proven experience in the (Withholding) Tax space in Germany and Europe
- An experienced individual, with proven success in managing complex, corporate/institutional relationships
- Degree qualified in Law or Business or Finance or other relevant fields ideally with a consultancy background
- Minimum 5 years experience within the Financial Services industry with more recently at least 3 years exposure to (German) tax and/or custody environment in the financial industry
- Have a strong business acumen, grasp of all financials and analysis skills to identify and manage opportunities
- Industry knowledge, particularly of Investment Operations/Securities Industry, with specialist tax/custody function experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator with the ability to summarise complex technical arrangements for a non-technical audience
- Language skills: German, English and if possible also French
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.