Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Tax Specialist (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
You will work on several tax issues and will be involved in tax driven projects of the Luxembourg based entities of Group Deutsche Börse, including their foreign branches. You will work closely with the existing team of tax specialists based in Luxembourg and Germany and collaborate with other relevant sections, including Financial Accounting and Controlling Luxembourg.
- Preparation and review of monthly and annual indirect tax returns, EU VAT refund applications under consideration of input VAT ratios and EC Sales Lists including coordination with local and international tax advisors;
- Support on and review of quarterly and year-end closings (calculation of local and international income taxes and deferred taxes) and respective annual direct tax returns, if required;
- Advice on local and international tax issues including preparation of professional tax opinions;
- Participation in tax and transfer pricing projects, if required;
- Analysis and assessment of contracts from a tax perspective;
- Update of tax related processes including automated controls in SAP to ensure tax compliance;
- Acting as point of contact for all tax matters and for other Luxembourg based entities of Group Deutsche Börse and coordination with local tax authorities, statutory and internal auditor.
- Holder of a university degree or similar in business administration, economics or law, ideally with a specialisation in tax; ideally post-graduate tax degree;
- Minimum 3 to 7 years of work experience as tax professional;
- Tax certifications are an asset
- Sound knowledge of the Luxembourg VAT system and corporate tax system;
- Proficiency in SAP/R3, SAP/S4 or comparable systems and MS Office;
- Fluent in English is mandatory. Fluency in German is a strong asset, knowledge of French is an advantage.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.