Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Team Lead - Head of Group Sanctions (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Head of Group Sanctions is responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant sanctions regimes. The Group Sanctions team acts as Center of Competence for all sanctions related topics across Deutsche Börse Group. This includes the maintenance and continuous improvement of the sanctions monitoring system and processes, enhancement and improvement of the sanctions risk management framework and ongoing quality assurance of data and systems.
Protect Deutsche Börse Group's legal entities (LEs) from potential reputational damages, financial fines, other regulatory consequences, or market access limitations resulting from violations of relevant financial sanctions. Especially:
- Set up professional standards and processes to avoid violations and breaches of sanctions - maintain and update the respective Sanctions Framework following a risk-based approach
- Advise on risk area-specific matters, requests, issues and on relevant laws & regulations towards business and control functions incl. Executive Management
- Assess new sanctions and embargoes or changes to already effective sanctions and perform respective communication to Executive Boards and relevant business units (incl. group-level guidance and positioning)
- Perform monitoring activities to identify and prevent misconduct with sanctions and embargoes
- Perform the sanctions alert handling (analysis of potential true positive hits and decision on closure or escalation)
- Perform system maintenance activities, to enhance and improve screening quality and ensure the sanction lists are accurate and up to date
- Perform sanctions and embargoes reporting
- Ensure that non-compliance cases are being reported to the respective competent authorities without undue delay
- You have successfully completed your university degree or have relevant work experience related to banking/market infrastructure
- You have several years of experience within Sanctions in a financial institution
- You have sound knowledge of Sanctions Compliance regulation and international legal regulatory requirements in this respect
- You have good understanding of the Exchange, Clearing and Settlement business
- You are an experienced Manager with excellent leadership and communications skills, team ability and flexibility
- Analytical skills, intercultural competence and a hands-on mentality round off your profile
- Proficiency in written and spoken English – German knowledge of advantage
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.