Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Team lead - IT Operations Monitoring (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Field of activity
The IT Operations department is responsible for the set-up of monitoring and support procedures 24/7 with optimized onsite and on-call response times to solve problems to production environments.
The department is highly critical in the sense that it ensures that all production environments and applications are available and up and running at all times based on service level agreements agreed with the business teams and the Customer community. The Production Monitoring Unit is responsible for the surveillance, processing and monitoring of production applications via the Command Centre room. Processing and monitoring is performed on-site via shift work 24/6 all year long.
As Head of Unit – Production Monitoring, you will lead a team of 11 FTE based in Luxembourg and report to the Head of ICSD Operations. The team you will manage is responsible for the accuracy, timely operation and provision of computer systems and services to Clearstream Services.
- Manage effectively the team, mentor and motivate employees, coordinate resources to cover the working hours of the Command Centre
- Ensure adequate on-the-job training and coaching for employees to maintain the same standards are maintained across the team
- Drive the continuous improvement of service quality through continuous alignment with business departments, 1st level support and other units
- Perform annual appraisals and address/evaluate staff performance throughout the year
- Regular review of operational guidelines and processes
- Perform ad-hoc Audit reviews/exercises and attend management meetings/workshops.
- Personal flexibility required to cover staff in exceptional cases of absence
- Support technical and business upgrades/releases for applications
- University degree or similar in an IT related discipline or relevant
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Prior work experience as a team lead is a strong advantage
- Operating Experience in LINUX/UNIX, Mainframe and Windows environments are an asset
- Strong team-player as Operations Controllers currently work in 4 shift teams
- Adaptability and flexibility within the Command Centre requisites
- Service orientated attitude is key to the success of the position
- Fluency in both written/spoken English and French are required. Any additional language especially German is an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.