Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Team Lead - IT Project Management (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The IFS IT Department delivers technology to support the Investment Fund Solutions (IFS) business in providing Clearstream’s services across all fund types, from mutual funds to exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative funds. Within the IFS IT Department there are three sections. One of these is the IFS IT Business Services and Change Section. A key role within this section is the Head of Unit for IT Project Management to ensure we deliver well on our transformation and change activities across IFS IT.
The individual will bring drive, experience, and diligence in order to deliver on the growth ambition and needs of the IFS Business and be an effective and strong business counterpart.
This role will be have line responsibility for four permanent IFS IT Project Managers and associated Service Providers.
This role is based ideally in Luxembourg but could be based in Cork (Ireland) or Prague (Czech Republic). This role reports to the Head of Business Services and Change.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to ensure best in class IFS IT Project Management Delivery
- Coordinate with Senior Management to create processes and systems to ensure effective project management and implementation across the organization.
- Track project annual budgets and forecasts while working with Project Managers to explain variance and propose and take steps for programmatic course corrections when necessary. Review Monthly Project Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight.
- Direct the activities of the Project Management Unit and determine how team resources should be allocated across projects.
- Provide strong and effective support to country, regional, and project management teams.
- Build a Community of Practice for Good Project Management across the organization involving Project Managers, business operations and product staff.
- Ensure that project implementation is responsive to target communities and partners and aligned with our core values, strategic plan and guiding principles.
- Serve as primary Project Management support assisting Project Managers deliver successful project implementation and results.
- Guide efficient and effective project start-up and close-down mechanisms.
- Create a work atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development of excellent personnel at all levels.
- Promote accountability by conducting staff annual performance reviews with direct reports, and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system.
- Holder of a university degree or similar in IT
- At least 5-7 years in Senior Project Management roles including direct responsibility for managing Project Managers
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- An ability to work and produce good results under pressure within a fast-changing environment
- Accuracy, ability to fulfil up-to-date knowledge requirements and take responsibility
- Critical thinking including ability to identify problems and propose effective solutions
- Ability to work on more tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and report issues/delays
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Project and deeper knowledge of CA Clarity tool and SAP is an advantage
- SUMMIT methodology knowledge is an asset.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Any other language especially French and/or German is an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.