Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Teamlead Pricing Services - Risk IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the leading global market infrastructure providers. Our group provides trading, clearing, settlement, market data distribution and other services for a broad range of asset classes (securities, derivatives, FX…).
In Risk (a semi-independent Product of Deutsche Börse) we focus on making Eurex Clearing the industry leader in Risk Services / CCP Risk Management and to support the growth into new products and markets. We are at the heart of the Deutsche Börse Group’s market infrastructure offering and of utter importance for the stability of the global financial market.
We foster a culture of high standards, freedom, and responsibility. We encourage ownership and trust and have a strong belief in developing talent.
As Teamlead Pricing Services - Risk IT (f/m/d), you are taking responsibility for the application development of current and future pricing applications. You will manage an experienced software developer team.
The Pricing Services Unit within the Risk IT Core Services Section is located in Prague and in Eschborn (cross-location team). It develops and maintains applications for pricing of financial instruments (especially exchange traded options and futures). Important use cases for these pricing applications are the daily determination of the official Eurex settlement prices and the calculation of intraday price updates for margining. The pricing applications are naturally coupled with other core Risk IT applications and Eurex IT Core Systems in the area of trading and clearing, which implies the need for continuous alignment and excellent stakeholder management.
As a line manager you foster our team culture and make people management an integral part of your agenda. You actively work on your team’s and team member’s personal development, you propose development measures to keep the team updated on latest trends in technology and you create visibility for talents in your team. Risk IT aims to provide an attractive environment to talents across backgrounds, nationalities, culture and gender. As part of the Risk IT Leadership team, you will make an effective contribution towards increasing the team’s diversity.
With your responsibility for pricing applications you communicate and align with stakeholders such as IT Project Managers, IT security functions as well as business stakeholders on application design, development capacity and delivery scope. In terms of reporting, you will regularly report on the performance, change status as well as potential issues with respective solution proposals to the Risk IT Leadership Team. You will also support respective reporting to the Eurex Clearing Board.
- Ensure maintenance and on-call support for the sake of stable operations. Agree with business on SLAs and respective KPIs and ensure appropriate support levels by the application development team.
- Deliver software changes in a reliable and transparent manner, in scope, time and budget. Align with project managers, peers from Risk IT, neighbouring IT teams as well as IT Operations, IT Security and control functions proactively where required
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development process and proactively raise ideas to increase efficiency to the Risk IT Leadership Team
- Report pricing applications’ performance, change status and issues with respective solution proposal to Risk IT Leadership Team and support reporting to the Eurex Clearing Senior Management regularly and in appropriate form
- Maintain relationships to all Risk IT stakeholders incl. but not limited to Eurex Trading Operations, CCP Risk Management, Risk Exposure Management, Eurex IT Management, Eurex Product Development & Strategy, IT Operations, IT Security and Control functions
- Work actively on team’s and team members’ personal development, including measures for keeping the team updated on latest trends in technology
- Make an effective contribution to provide an attractive environment to talents across backgrounds, nationalities, culture and gender and to increase the team’s diversity
- Ensure a sufficient understanding of applicable regulations in the team and support audits as required
- Understand the IT and business roadmap, transport understanding to the team and translate into actions on team level
- Degree in Computer Science or a quantitative / engineering field (Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar)
- Leadership experience in managing cross-location software development teams
- Professional software development experience
- Solid project management skills and experience with reporting to senior management
- Team player with excellent communication skills, naturally striving for inclusion rather than exclusion, creating transparency, proactive communication rather than passive response, continuously self-assessing High results orientation, reliability and setting high standards for quality of work products
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Czech would be a strong advantage
The following skills would be a plus:
- Experience in IT for derivative pricing and trading (e.g. in investment banks, brokers, hedge fund) or in IT for a financial market infrastructure provider
- Experience with microservice and modern cloud friendly architecture
- Derivative pricing and market data know-how
- Experienced in the area of Audit and Compliance, familiar with MaRisk and EMIR regulations
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.