Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Are you ready to kick-start your career at the heart of the financial industry? You want to get to know to our Pre-& Post-Trading division from various perspectives? Then our Business Strategy Trainee Program might be just the right fit for you.
During the challenging 18-month program, you will gain insights into strategic decision-making, business processes as well as the working culture at Deutsche Börse Group from various perspectives. You will be based in Luxembourg, but we will also try to give you the chance to gain insights into our offices around the globe.
Your area of work
Within our Pre- & Post-Trading division you will be involved in all strategical aspects of pre-trading, such as assisting our clients in their investment decisions by providing a wide range of intelligent, data-driven products and index families. Further, you will also gain a deeper knowledge of our post-trading business such as operating the settlement and custody for domestic and international securities.
If you aim at a leading position at Deutsche Börse Group and want to contribute to our purpose with passion, know-how and new ideas, we are looking forward to meeting you!
What you can expect
- The focus of your trainee program will be individually shaped together with you – depending on your interests and prior experiences
- You will work in different teams within our Pre- & Post-Trading division and learn from our highly motivated teams
- You will be benefit from technical and soft skills training
- Throughout the whole program you will be supported by one of our top managers, acting as your individual career coach
- You will receive an attractive compensation and benefit package
- Together with our other trainees, you will start building a network within our company and be able to learn from each other in various networking activities
- You finished university (Master’s degree) in relevant majors such as business administration, finance, economics or financial mathematics with distinction
- You have a technical affinity, passion for information technology and a desire to learn new things in a fast-paced environment using the latest technologies
- You have already gained theoretical and practical knowledge regarding relevance and functioning of capital markets as well as in-depth understanding of business principles and processes
- You are open-minded, a good team player but also be able to work independently
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills, think critically and you like to solve problems
- You are eager to contribute actively to the company’s goals and bring in a proactive mindset
- Ideally, you’ve already gained international experiences, e.g., during your studies or internships
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. Additional languages especially German or French are a big plus
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
“I think the challenge lies in getting used to the wider remit of products and services we have to cover. However, it’s also an extremely rewarding and fulfilling experience as you learn an incredible amount about a wide breadth of products and services and at times you really have to think on your feet when engaging with clients. A great skill to have is to be able to think outside the box!”
“I really enjoyed working in the team and once my internship was over, I was offered a permanent position as Sales Associate. After spending all together four great years in the London office, I was offered a job as Associate Director in our office in Switzerland and joined a more senior team in which I could keep learning and growing. Today, I am a Sales Associate Director, responsible for the Italian, Greek, Swiss-Italian, Malta and Cyprus markets.”