Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Working Student - Administrative & Purchasing Support in Energy IT(f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The Energy IT section provides an infrastructure for energy and commodity markets offering four applications called “M7®”: M7 Trading (intraday trading of power and gas), M7 Auction (auction of CO2 emission certificates, loss energy auction), M7 Capacity (intraday cross border capacity management) and XBID. XBID is the European cross-border market solution for intraday power trading and capacity management. In our Energy IT section, we strive to keep up a start-up mentality with technology-driven people that are part of the decision process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
We are looking for a Working Student to join our Energy Office team to support the administration of our section.
Your area of work
- Your responsibility within the Energy Office team will include managing our purchasing process end-to-end and supporting our team’s administrative activities.
- As a delegate for the section’s purchasing process, you will procure software licenses and hardware in line with the needs of our Product teams. You will enhance and maintain the quality of our license database and documentation and actively participate in company-wide improvement initiative of our contract lifecycle management process.
- As an administrative support, you will manage the section’s calendar, staff on/off-boarding and general office tasks to ensure proper functioning of the section.
- You are assisting the section with a range of administrative and organizational tasks
- Your are performing and controlling our purchasing process
- Furthermore, you are maintaining our license management process
- You are also overseeing contract archiving to adhere to relevant policies
- Your are updating our process documentation
- You are contributing to the overall team spirit and success
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student (Study focus in the field of informatics, mathematics, physics, economics, business studies, humanities or other relevant fields) student and have completed at least 2 semesters.
- You have strong analytical skills and a desire to learn
- You have a passion for details and an investigative nature
- You are self-organized and possess a structured working method
- You are versatile in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, and prior experience using SharePoint
- You are proficient in written and spoken English
Starting Date: 15/12/2022
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.