Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Working Student - Communication Berlin Hub (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Berlin
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Berlin Hub of Deutsche Börse is a new, innovative office concept integrating business units and a FinTech co-working space into Deutsche Börse's office in Berlin. It uses the opportunities of the thriving Berlin Start-up and FinTech scene and provides a platform for new forms of stakeholder dialogue on political, regulatory and societal issues in order to identify challenges and solutions for the future of (financial) markets. The Hub is a go-to point for all those who want to learn about financial markets and to engage in forward-looking, trendsetting debates . We aim to set new standards in communication not only within the financial world, but build a bridge between politics, actors from the financial markets and an interested public.
As a working student (f/m/d) you will support the team in its outreach activities, preparing events online and offline and in the communication efforts of the Berlin Hub. Particularly needed are strong social media and communications skills to support implementing a social media strategy. A thorough knowledge of legislative procedures and the financial market is highly welcomed as well as experience with event organization. As we are a small team, a certain degree of time flexibility and the willingness to take on administrative tasks is also needed and will also be part the working students’ duties.
- You will assist organizing online and offline events and the internal and external communication that goes along with this
- You will gain interesting insights in corporate communication strategies
- You will support the team with strong social media skills helping to implement the Hubs social media strategy
- Furthermore, you will assist the team with day to day administrative tasks in the Hub
- In addition, you will gain insights in regulatory and legislative government relations activities regarding financial markets, sustainable finance, the start-up economy and financial education, but also other topics regarding society as a whole
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least 4 semesters
(Study focus in the field of communications, political science, law or other relevant fields)
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the context of government relations and/or communications, event management and/or social media campaigning
- You are interested in politics and financial and capital markets.
- Thanks to your strong communication skills, you quickly find your way into our team. You bring a strong sense of responsibility, reliability and a proactively attitude that makes you see where your support is needed. You are spontaneous and flexible and like to work in an agile environment.
- You have good knowledge in MS Office
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and German.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.