Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Working Student - Market Structure & Regulation (f/m/d)
EUREX Frankfurt AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Frankfurt AG is the administrating and operating entity of the Eurex Deutschland derivatives exchange. Eurex Deutschland offers a broad range of international benchmark products including the broadest offer of equity index derivatives, the most liquid fixed-income markets in the world and is the platform of choice for European equity derivatives, featuring open and low-cost electronic access. Amongst others, Eurex Deutschland offers dividend, ETF and volatility derivatives.
Field of activity
As a student assistant at Group Deutsche Boerse you have the opportunity to be part of an innovative organisation. Eurex Exchange is the derivatives exchange within the group and Eurex Market Structure and Regulation, is responsible for market structural and regulatory topics within Eurex. The team analyzes the behaviour of market participants, defines and dynamically develops the progress of market structures in close contact with customers, regulators and strategic partners. Market Structure & Regulation monitors upcoming regulatory requirements for derivatives markets, formulates positionings for the regulatory process and coordinates responses to consultations. As an integral component of this complex of regulatory topics, the team maintains Eurex rulebooks, its regulatory compliance and performs Eurex regulatory data reporting. Eurex Market Structure & Regulation is the key interface for regulatory aspects and is further involved in the implementation of strategic initiatives and central projects within Eurex.
- You will research on financial market regulation dossiers and tracking consultations for advocacy as well as support development of positioning aspects
- You will research activities and performance of market and competitive analyses in derivatives markets for various strategic initiatives and projects within the team and Eurex
- You will support the preparation of presentations and documents for various Eurex committees and executive board decision-making
- You will help with administrative and organizational activities and tasks in alignment with various interfaces
- You are enrolled in an academic program recognized by the state during their internship (Major field of study in business administration and economics, and particularly in finance, derivatives risk management or microstructural analyses desirable)
- You t have completed at least the first year of your university studies
- You have an understanding of or experience in analyzing financial market regulation and its impact on derivatives markets
- You have gained experience in the field of patents or IP rights
- You have very good organizational and communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- You are competent handling of MS Office applications (in particular MS Excel and MS PowerPoint); programming experience is a value-add
- You are proficient in written and spoken German and English
Start date: 15/01/2022
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.