Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Working Student - Risk Management (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Clearing AG is one of the leading central counterparties (CCPs) globally, assuring the safety and integrity of markets while providing innovation in risk management, clearing technology, and client asset protection. The clearing house provides fully automated post-trade services for derivatives, equities, bonds and secured funding & financing as well as industry-leading risk management technologies.
Your area of work
As a working student - Risk Management (f/m/d) you will have the excellent opportunity to explore capital market dynamics and to gain valuable practical experience in an innovative company. The main task of the department is the development of clearing business in match with the market. You will gain an insight into different areas, first of all in risk management, and you will contribute to new developments. Risk management within clearing business includes the rating and the provision against market price risks for all product classes (stocks, derivatives and bonds). You will be actively taking part in our processes, while we are offering you diverse, interesting and above all challenging tasks.
- You will provide quantitative statistical analyses for risk management
- You will compilate new concepts and support in the advancement of current processes and products
- You will develop a process model for a periodical data analysis regarding market share, turnover and competitions structures
- You will Investigate new developments on the market and in the field of research within the area of risk management
- You will support the Risk Analytics Team of Eurex Clearing and gain insights in Credit Stress testing, Liquidity Stress Testing and Concentration wrong way risk areas
- You are matriculated throughout the duration of your internship at a state approved university with minimum of two semester of undergraduate studies in economics, mathematics, and/or computer sciences as major field of study
- You have a strong interest in capital markets and basic knowledge of the derivatives market
- You have the ability to work in a team and strong communication skills
- You have an excellent knowledge in statistical analyses, knowledge in databases desirable (in particular SQL)
- You are competent handling of MS-Office applications (in particular MS Access and MS Excel)
- In addition, you have very good knowledge in Python and Data Analytics Libraries. First experience of VS Coder or Zeppelin is of advantage
- Furthermore, you are proficient in written and spoken English, German is a plus
Start date: 01/11/2023
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.