Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Working Student - Risk Methodology ETD (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Eurex Clearing’s Models & Analytics section is responsible for developing and maintaining its state-of-the-art risk methodologies, comprising models for market risk, liquidity risk and product valuation amongst others. Within the section, the Risk Methodology ETD team focusses on risk methodology for exchange traded products such as Futures and Options as well as Repo and cash transactions. Our responsibility is not limited to methodologies, but also encompasses market and valuation data and ensuring a high level of quality in that area. In addition to model development and maintenance, the team also has a key role in the process of introducing new products at Eurex.As a Working Student in Risk Methodology you will support and contribute to the design, development, calibration, maintenance and documentation of valuation and risk methodologies. You will be actively taking part in our processes, with a focus on exchange traded products or OTC derivatives.
- You will perform quantitative statistical analyses of model behaviour in the context of market events or specific portfolio constellations. This may include developing tools to supervise and calibrate valuation and risk models, and monitor P/L and Value-at-Risk.
- You will support the identification and consolidation of relevant risk management trends with a focus on either exchange traded products (Equity, Bond, FX, Dividend, Volatility Futures and Options) or OTC derivatives (Interest Rate Swaps, Forward Rate Agreements, FX Forwards, FX Swaps).
- You will assist the design and maintenance of valuation and risk models as well as support the introduction of new products on the exchange.
- Furthermore, you will be involved in designing, implementing and documenting the internal Python prototype.
- You will support project planning activities (tasks, work estimates, timelines, and resources).
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed a minimum of 4 semesters in a quantitative discipline (Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science or any other comparable degree with risk management focus including empirical, quantitative analysis and methods).
- You have a strong interest in capital markets and basic knowledge of derivatives valuation and risk management.
- You possess quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are able to work flexibly in a team environment as well as independently. You are creative and can take on responsibility.
- You have experience in programming & scripting (ideally Python) and databases (SQL). Experience in compiled languages (e.g. C++, Java) and OOP would be an asset.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Start date: 01/10/2021
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.