Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Working Student - Risk Methodology ETD (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Eurex Clearing’s Models & Analytics section is responsible for developing and maintaining its state-of-the-art risk methodologies, comprising models for market risk, liquidity risk and product valuation amongst others. Within the section, the Risk Methodology ETD team focusses on risk methodology for exchange traded products such as Futures and Options as well as Repo and cash transactions. Our responsibility is not limited to methodologies, but also encompasses market and valuation data and ensuring a high level of quality in that area. In addition to model development and maintenance, the team also has a key role in the process of introducing new products at Eurex.As a Working Student in Risk Methodology you will support and contribute to the design, development, calibration, maintenance and documentation of valuation and risk methodologies. You will be actively taking part in our processes, with a focus on exchange traded products or OTC derivatives.
- You will perform quantitative statistical analyses of model behaviour in the context of market events or specific portfolio constellations. This may include developing tools to supervise and calibrate valuation and risk models, and monitor P/L and Value-at-Risk.
- You will support the identification and consolidation of relevant risk management trends with a focus on either exchange traded products (Equity, Bond, FX, Dividend, Volatility Futures and Options) or OTC derivatives (Interest Rate Swaps, Forward Rate Agreements, FX Forwards, FX Swaps).
- You will assist the design and maintenance of valuation and risk models as well as support the introduction of new products on the exchange.
- Furthermore, you will be involved in designing, implementing and documenting the internal Python prototype.
- You will support project planning activities (tasks, work estimates, timelines, and resources).
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed a minimum of 4 semesters in a quantitative discipline (Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science or any other comparable degree with risk management focus including empirical, quantitative analysis and methods).
- You have a strong interest in capital markets and basic knowledge of derivatives valuation and risk management.
- You possess quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are able to work flexibly in a team environment as well as independently. You are creative and can take on responsibility.
- You have experience in programming & scripting (ideally Python) and databases (SQL). Experience in compiled languages (e.g. C++, Java) and OOP would be an asset.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Start date: 15/12/2022
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.