- Duration: 18 months
- Division: CIO/COO (Information Technology)
- Start: 1st of April 2022
- Application deadline: Application phase will be open between November 08, 2021 to January 16, 2022
- Target group: master graduates from all over the world with very good grades and preferably an international study background with focus on mathematics or IT
IT Trainee - New Technologies (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Group • Frankfurt am Main
Dates & facts
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Are you ready to kick-start your career at the heart of the financial industry? Can you handle responsibility at an early stage of your career? Join Deutsche Börse Group’s graduate trainee programme within our Information Technology division and benefit from our outstanding trainee offering:
During the challenging 18-month programme, you will work in three different areas of the Corporate IT Department starting your journey in Enterprise Analytics.
Field of activity:
Within our Chief Technology Office (CTO) we are responsible for ensuring an effective alignment between business and strategy, enabling Deutsche Börse to execute new technology opportunities. In doing so, we take care of software development and IT operation services for data products, provide infrastructure to drive the development of automation and robotics solutions and set up all necessary cloud infrastructure requirements to enable the usage of state-of-the-art technologies in a secure and regulatory compliant way. You will join a high-performance team dealing with cutting-edge technologies in an international environment
What you can expect
- You will be based in Frankfurt/Main, but we will also give you the chance to gain insights into our offices in Luxembourg and Prague.
- The focus of your trainee programme will be individually shaped together with you – depending on your interests and prior experiences.
- You will be supported by one of our top managers, acting as your individual career coach throughout the whole programme.
- You will receive an attractive compensation package and benefit from technical and soft skills trainings.
- You will build your own trusted network with IT peers, senior professionals and top management early on in our flat hierarchies and open, international culture.
- Enjoy great teamwork, joint celebrating of success and the commitment and pride to work for one of the world’s leading financial markets infrastructure provider.
Do I qualify?
- You finished university (Master’s degree) in relevant majors such as nature sciences or IT with distinction.
- You have already gained theoretical and practical knowledge regarding relevance and functioning of capital markets as well as in-depth understanding of business principles and processes.
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills, think critically and you like to solve problems.
- You are eager to contribute actively to the company’s goals and you bring in a proactive mindset.
- You have a keen desire to leverage new technologies and apply them within the Financial Services Business Lines.
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. Additional languages are a plus.
What makes us different
Learning from different perspectives, guided by a mentor – these are just a few examples our current trainees especially like about the programme.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Apply via our online application portal. Please upload your CV, overview of grades, degree certificate and, if applicable, your employment references.
After checking your documents, we will invite you to a virtual interview. If we think you would fit in well with us, you will receive an invitation to our virtual interview day.
You will have two interviews with senior managers from your preferred area and another cross-departmental interview. You will also work on a case study together with other participants.
After successful completion of the interview day, we will send you feedback shortly afterwards and, if applicable, offer you a position in our trainee programme.