Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Associate Vice President, Compliance
Clearstream Banking S.A. Singapore Branch • Singapore
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of Activity
To ensure the activities of the Fund Services business line are conducted in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, circulars, and directives; and focus on regulatory and policy requirements applicable to Clearstream’s global customer base, products and services with the mission to ensure that Clearstream maintains high standards of regulatory compliance in the eyes of the customers, the public and the authorities in the markets that it serves.
Overall role is to act as tCompliance Associate Vice President,- Fund Services, covering Asia Pacific, particularly ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Support projects and initiatives within compliance
- Maintain, monitor and update local laws and regulations in the legal inventory and implement accordingly
- Ensuring all licensed representatives of the Fund Services business in Asia Pacific file their periodic declarations on a timely basis
- Provide compliance advisory support in the context of compliance related queries
- Ensure the Fund Services risk assessment framework is maintained and up to date
- Implement and monitor the Financial Crime Prevention program that covers AML/CFT, Anti-Fraud, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and market abuse/insider trading, including but not limited to reporting suspicious activities, providing advisory and support to the business in handling escalated queries
- Set up and conduct monitoring and testing activities driven by the Compliance risk assessment
- Assist with collating licensing related documentation as well as reviewing licensing / exemption related documents/forms
- Participate in discussions with relevant regulators
- Act as point of contact for regulators’ queries on Fund Services operations and/or licence applications
- Support the implementation of new products and services with compliance assessment
- Handle internal and external audits; and regulatory audits
- Submit regulatory reports on a timely basis
- Prepare reports for the respective committees in line with their defined mandates and terms of references
- Represent compliance in internal committees, in local industry forums and when required, liaise with external parties such as legal advisors, business partners, auditors, regulators and customers
- Prepare and conduct compliance training for Fund Services staff
- Minimum 10 Years of risk management and compliance experience particularly in Singapore and Hong Kong with a focus on financial services/banking/financial market infrastructure providers
- University degree, preferably business, economics, law, or any relevant field
- Has relevant wholesale banking licensing application experience in Singapore, Hong Kong and/or has interacted with regulators on licensing related matters
- Strong regulatory compliance experience in harmonizing compliance framework for Singapore and Hong Kong regulatory requirements
- Excellent understanding of regulatory expectations, regulations and standards e.g. Hong Kong SFC / Singapore MAS requirements
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, creativity, critical thinking, as well as ability to identify problems and propose practical, cost effective solutions
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; proficiency in any other languages would be an additional benefit
- Team player, able to work independently on complex matters/ projects
- Enjoy Working in an international and diverse team
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.