Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Calypso Application Administrator (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Xetra/Eurex IT Operations, Eurex OTC Operations is responsible for the software installation, test and operation of Deutsche Börse Clearing applications (OTC Calypso, SwCS).
In the scope of this group are operations and technical administration of the acceptance test, simulation and production of OTC Calypso environments in close cooperation with the IT and business teams.
This includes performing own technical tests, automation of Monitoring & Operation processes/tasks, and providing Second level support for the Production operations. Our team is also responsible for the introduction of the new SwCS system running on OpenShift platform.
You will work in a carefully maintained environment of mission-critical, high performance and high availability systems.
- Day-to-day-support and operational responsibilities of Eurex Clearing system running on RedHat Linux and OpenShift platforms.
- Software installation, performing configuration within the Acceptance Test and Production systems.
- Support of business test cases and performing own technical tests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues.
- 2nd-level support for external and internal customers (in accordance with the particular shift schedule) .
- Participation in shift rotation for a few days per month as well as taking over on-call duties and occasional weekend work.
- Maintaining the operations handbook.
- Design, build, maintain and extend existing and new Operational tools.
- Experience and knowledge in Calypso software, back-office operations and configurations.
- Understanding and experience with RedHat OpenShift Platform would be an asset.
- System management knowledge with Linux (Red Hat Enterprise).
- Hands-on experience in Linux scripting (bash, python …) and SQL.
- Hands-on experience with CLI (oc).
- Interest and ability to learn, collaborative working style.
- A degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A passion for the challenges of building, running and servicing minimum downtime critical production systems.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written in English.
- Good communication skills, ability to operate in a team and to contribute to the team work.
The following skills would be a plus:
- Familiarity with Cloud Service Providers like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with container orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.