Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Fixed Income & FX Derivatives Sales Analytics
Eurex Frankfurt AG Singapore Branch • Singapore
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The Fixed Income & Currency Derivatives Sales team is responsible for the strategic positioning of Eurex financial tools on a global scale. The team deeply understands the Fixed Income, Repo, FX and Securities Lending segments in terms of identification of market trends, changes in investment styles, product innovation, competitive analysis and identification of new business opportunities. Strong relationships with customers across the world are essential to driving business revenues by identifying client needs. In addition, the team is responsible for geographic expansion, as well as developing new service offerings to territories covered by the Asian Fixed Income & Currency Derivatives Sales team.
Typical Tasks/responsibilities of the Fixed Income & Currency Derivatives Sales team:
- Support the wider Sales team through the analysis and monitoring of volume trends from the current client base and evaluate ideas that might be translated into profitable products/services
- Assess opportunities to coordinate activities across all regions; management of relationships with existing partners
- Work with global sales team on new data services and analytical tools to help identify trends and potential revenue streams
- Conceptualization and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Support the team in client engagement activities and support its sales initiatives
- Engage in data analytics to uncover insights that drives sales initiatives
- Be involved in project management tasks to improve existing processes or introduce new solutions
- Conduct research on financial markets development in the region to identify new opportunities
- A university degree (or being in pursuit of one) with a focus on financial markets and products – or comparable education.
- Alternatively, entry-level experience (or eagerness to learn), ideally in the futures, securities or financial services industry
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel and Word)
- Technical skills: Python, VBA, SQL, Microsoft office tools, Bloomberg are a plus
- Some knowledge in statistics, data analytics, derivatives, and economics
- Being able to work 20-25 hours per week is preferred (full-time internship with 35-40 hours a week may also be possible)
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
- Eagerness to collaborate, improve, and innovate
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
- The intern will work in a team environment and will be directly supervised by the Fixed Income/FX Sales Team
What's in it for you
- Obtain valuable analytics skills and derivatives knowledge through practical research work with the support of a multicultural team
- Gain exposure to different exchange traded derivatives products and services and uncover the world of listed derivatives, including but not limited to Interest Rates
- Gain knowledge of global derivatives markets including trading, clearing and risk management, and the role of a derivatives exchange within the financial capital markets
- Benefit from dedicated mentorship throughout the internship and access to wealth of learning resources from the team knowledge pool
- Be part of a global team and collaborate with colleagues from APAC, EMEA and the US
- Understand more about Eurex and other Deutsche Börse Group’s businesses through participating in relevant internal workshops and reading available materials on the Intranet
- Oct 2023 - May 2024 (Part-time; 3 days minimum)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.